Thursday 11 August 2011

Lima 2nd – 4th July 2011

I fly back to Lima from Iquitos, relieved to be back at Open House Hostel, my home away from home.  I can’t tell you how good that first shower was!  After catching up with the news from ‘the boys’ at the hostel, I begin my organisation for heading North.  After a day or two, with good food, further conversations on photography and life with Javier and rest I am on the mend and feeling much better, albeit I am a little thinner for the Jungle experience.  I decide on the overnight bus to Trujillo and book a seat on Linea, a bus company that provide beds that fold down flat, yes, flat, just like a bed, what luxury! They give you a meal, soft drink  and a glass of wine just before they turn the lights off so you can sleep the kms away, all this for just $100 S/ around $33.00 Australian.  Yep, life can be tough on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment